Question / Help Make OBS recognize windows

Gikkman

Hi.

I'm developing a Java application that I intend to use as a tool for streaming. One of the features is that the program can open a new window which'll display text or graphs temporarily and then close after a few seconds. The idea is to capture this window and show it on-stream whilst it's open, and when the window closes it should be removed from the stream.

My initial idea was simply to add the window as a window capture in OBS (using the 64-bit version). When I closed the window it disappears from the stream preview, but when I re-opened the window OBS reported "Cannot find window".

So I tried the Multi-platform version. Here, I can get it recognize the window if I close and then re-open it, but instead it leaves a "phantom image" of the window on the preview if I close it.

Is there a way to get OBS to: Remove a window from the broadcast if it closed AND recognize the window when I re-open it? (I.e. combine the functionalities of OBS 64bit and OBS MP).

For record, I read this thread on the matter but simply giving the windows the same title doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks in advance // Gikkman