Question / Help Major problems going to FB Live (dropped frames, choppy video)

Jayson Chance

Hi, all. I'm still new to all of this but I'm a career musician in Nashville and pretty tech savvy, so I've done all the troubleshooting I know to do and I'm hoping someone here on the OBS forums can find my issue.
Basically for the past few days, when we try to livestream from our home studio, I get tons of dropped frames and the video going to Facebook is choppy and unusable. I'm hardwired via ethernet (Arris SB6190 modem/new Google Nest router), and my Xfinity down/up speed is 350/25 Mb/s

My setup:

-iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM, Radeon Pro 570 4 GB Graphics, 1TB Fusion Drive. MacOS 10.15.4
-Blackmagic Mini Recorder via Thunderbolt 2 (using Apple Thunderbolt 3/2 adapter)
-GoPro HERO8 Black via HDMI set at 1080/30
or
-iPhone 11 or 2018 standard iPad via Epoccam app as video capture device, set at 1080/30
-OBS Studio, latest build 25.0.8

So far, what I've tried is:

-Using the auto-config tool and accepted the very low resolution/bit rate it suggests when connected using FB Live stream key. Still choppy and drops frames on top of looking awful even if it were smooth. Basically all other settings in OBS set to default except for audio input being a UA Apollo x6 interface.
-Cleared out OBS settings, started from scratch, reinstalled the app, created a new user account on my iMac, all with the same results.
-Disconnected the Blackmagic mini recorder from Thunderbolt & switched to using my iPhone via Epoccam, no difference
-Rebooted modem, router, any other device I could think of, tried different browsers, etc

Attaching the last log file... any help, suggestions or observations would be very welcome!

Narcogen

If you're getting this many drops at a bitrate of 700, your connection is too slow to stream. Complain to your ISP, you are not getting anywhere near the claimed connectivity.

19:31:54.155: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 11761 (52.8%)

Jayson Chance

If you're getting this many drops at a bitrate of 700, your connection is too slow to stream. Complain to your ISP, you are not getting anywhere near the claimed connectivity.

19:31:54.155: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 11761 (52.8%)
Thank you! Despite the advertised 'blazing' internet speed, I was only getting 1-3 mb/s upload speed and that seems to be the culprit. Comcast seems to have fixed the issue, but I ordered AT&T Fiber 1000 to be installed next week. Hopefully won't have the same issue