Bug Report Macbook pro 2015 dual webcam recording

AOSPete

I'm running a macbook pro 2015 with two logitech c920 webcams, trying to get it to record without the quality dropping much (would like to keep the overall output 1280 on each camera if at all possible) and without the CPU fan taking off, any ideas what I can do to speed things up at all?

Cheers
Pete

Attachments

• 2018-09-26 21-15-47.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 13

Narcogen

The log doesn't appear to show any performance problems. Recording to mp4 is very risky, though, and you shouldn't do it.

AOSPete

Why is that and what would you recommend instead? Also do you think it'd cope if I upped the output screen and tried to record both in 720p without resizing the video area?

Cheers
Pete

Narcogen

Record in FLV or MKV. Use the File menu option "remux recordings" option to convert to mp4 afterwards. If your recording has a problem while recording directly to mp4, the resulting file will NOT be recoverable by any method. Not so for FLV or MKV. Use MKV especially if you need multiple discrete audio tracks.

AOSPete

Record in FLV or MKV. Use the File menu option "remux recordings" option to convert to mp4 afterwards. If your recording has a problem while recording directly to mp4, the resulting file will NOT be recoverable by any method. Not so for FLV or MKV. Use MKV especially if you need multiple discrete audio tracks.
Ah ok! Thankyou!