Bug Report Mac version of OBS crashing on start up

Narcogen

That plugin is from 2014 and was last updated in February 2015, months before El Capitan was out. I'm guessing it's never been tested on El Capitan.

Does OBS stop crashing if you remove it?

Last edited:

EmashR

Hi, I am having the same problem! Been using OBS since september without any problems but today I couldn't open it... crashing on start up as well!

tichy3

Hi i am also having the same problem and have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions with no luck.

I downloaded the nightdev "follower alert" plugin, which i think might be the problem. However, i cannot find the plugin within the OBS files.

I can run OBS in a guest account, so I know the problem is with my user account.

Any help would be appreciated. I have logs i can post aswell.

Thank you.

Andrew Ferguson

I'm having the same issue, suddenly OBS won't launch. Just insta-crashes.

Last stream I installed and tested out the CLR Browser plugin, which worked fantastically. This is one of only two changes I can think of that would affect it, the other being a codec update via the App Store that came down a day or two ago.

I've tried restarting, reinstalling OBS (without uninstalling, I don't want to lose all my scenes), removing the CLR Browser plugin using their uninstall script, running the Apple Diagnostic tool (no issues), etc.

I've attached a text file of what happens if I *manually* execute the OBS file in ./Contents/MacOS and it looks like a segfault when loading scenes :/

It also *used* to generate diagnostic repots in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports when it crashed but doesn't seem to anymore so I don't have one that I can attach :/

I'm going to try a full uninstall (including wiping scenes and plugins) and report back.

Attachments

• obs.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 12
  • obs.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 11

Andrew Ferguson

Found a DiagnosticReport crash, it was actually in ~/Library instead of /Library. No idea what's going on here

Attachments

• obs_diag_report.txt
    70.9 KB · Views: 20

Andrew Ferguson

Uninstalled OBS
Deleted ~/Library/Application\ Support/OBS/
Checked /Library/Application\ Support/ for OBS files (none existed)
Restarted
Reinstalled OBC 0.12.4 multiplatform

Same thing, still immediately crashes on startup. Icon appears in the taskbar for 1-2 seconds and vanishes.

Andrew Ferguson

I was able to get it working by deleting ~/Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio but I lost all of my settings/plugins/scenes/profiles.

It's something specific in there but it was too much work to figure out which line of which file. I just rebuilt everything from scratch.