Mac OS 27 (Golden Gate) Compatibility

alansilv

New Member
Just finished the agonizing job of reverting back from MacOS 27 to 26 (Tahoe). In a bonehead move, I updated to Golden Gate shortly before needing OBS Studio for a stream and NOTHING WORKED! All the app would give was the spinning beachball of death. AND the Obsbot Center app for controlling one of my cameras would not function either. AND the Zoom Workplace app took forever and a day to load and only partially functioned. Not sure what all 3 had in common, but those were the ones I needed and would not work with Golden Gate. Thankfully, I had a sort of recent backup, so was able to revert to Tahoe after (gulp!) wiping the HD. Everything seems to be working normally now, but wondering if anyone else has had these issues or solved them. Yes, I was using the latest versions OBS and the other apps. Yes, I tried rebooting everything. My MBPro is an older silicon with M1Pro chip and 16g RAM. From what I could tell, anything that involved video hung up in Golden Gate …so beware. Meanwhile, I'm sticking with Tahoe.
 
Alternative view.

Running OBS 32.2.2 on MacOS 27 (Golden Gate) with M1 chip on a MacBook Air with 16 GB RAM, 2K60 video, and all is fine here.

No problems to report.
 
I have a new M6 Mac Mini (So Golden Gate is my only option on this Mac), and OBS menus and dropdowns are super sluggish. Items will highlight with the mouse, but when you click, the click doesn't always register. I've had to click 6 or 7 times (and even pressing enter on the keyboard doesn't always select the highlighted item). Also text boxes are very slow to respond when typing in them. All new install, but did bring over profiles and scenes from my old system. Running OBS 32.2.2 (latest version). I have not seen the same behavior on other applications, only on OBS itself.
 
Just finished the agonizing job of reverting back from MacOS 27 to 26 (Tahoe). In a bonehead move, I updated to Golden Gate shortly before needing OBS Studio for a stream and NOTHING WORKED! All the app would give was the spinning beachball of death. AND the Obsbot Center app for controlling one of my cameras would not function either. AND the Zoom Workplace app took forever and a day to load and only partially functioned. Not sure what all 3 had in common, but those were the ones I needed and would not work with Golden Gate. Thankfully, I had a sort of recent backup, so was able to revert to Tahoe after (gulp!) wiping the HD. Everything seems to be working normally now, but wondering if anyone else has had these issues or solved them. Yes, I was using the latest versions OBS and the other apps. Yes, I tried rebooting everything. My MBPro is an older silicon with M1Pro chip and 16g RAM. From what I could tell, anything that involved video hung up in Golden Gate …so beware. Meanwhile, I'm sticking with Tahoe.
Posting the logs would be good for the more knowledgeable to help. My MacBook Pro running 27.0.1 (26A434), 16GB with 1TB drive. OBS 32.2.2 with lots of plug-in is working for me.
 
Back
Top