MAC OS 11.3.1.and OSB 27 compatibility

Tom F

Using OS 11.3.1 Big Sur on iMAC
Just downloaded OSB 27 - latest version.
Will not allow RECORD video to engage.
Asks to update graphics drivers but all MAC drivers are updated when new OS is installed. Intel Iris 640, not Nvidia or AMD
Cannot record. Cannot post log file because nothing records to create the log file. What is the solution?
Thanks, Tom

webstudio

Asks to update graphics drivers but all MAC drivers are updated when new OS is installed. Intel Iris 640, not Nvidia or AMD
Cannot record. Cannot post log file because nothing records to create the log file. What is the solution?
Thanks, Tom
In OBS go to Settings, select the Recording Tab, go to Encoder and select an encoder. I had the same problem when I updated to OBS 27.0.0. Hope it helps.

DarkxPunk

Thanks, Tom

I am experiencing the same issue. Had to downgrade. It appears to be an issue strictly with the "hardware encoding".

DarkxPunk

I am experiencing the same issue. Had to downgrade. It appears to be an issue strictly with the "hardware encoding".

I seemingly have solved it. I don't know why this is the case but, it appears you have to change the recording settings, start a recording, then stop, restore prior settings, and it will work as normal...

thewitt

Same problem here. I had to change to the X264 encoder, start and stop a stream/recording, then I could change back to the hardware encoder.