Question / Help Mac OBS video lagging during streaming to FB Live

Starmallama

Hi All,
I'm new to OBS studio and am having issues with my video capture from my camera lagging against the audio.
I've played with a few different settings but need some communal help.

In summary, my set up runs 2 mics into a Focusrite soundcard attached to a Macbook. The output of this soundcard directs into a channel on my Traktor S4 Mk3 which then is connected to my second Macbook which runs OBS studio. (I saw a tutorial that this would help with the processing of audio if split between 2 laptops)
In OBS I'm running a few different scenes depending on the guest I have on the show but essentially its:
Scene 1 - Black Screen
Scene 2 - Intro podcast media 1
Scene 3 - Guest intro media
Scene 4 - Main Camera + mic audio
Scene 5 - Additional media or Screenshare
Scene 6 - Screenshare + Mics

OBS is streaming to Facebook Live. For now.... I'm thinking of maybe using a multi-streamer at some point but I'm trying to pull off this concept with little to no budget.
Here is a link to my podcast page on Facebook: Llama & Friends Podcast
Here is a link to my last podcast which the log file I've attached is for: Ze Winters on LAFP

Hope I've given enough info and appreciate in advance for any help and advice.

Attachments

• ZeWintersLAFlogfile.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 13

Kylealltogether

Having a lot of scenes can really bog down a cpu. When you open obs look at the bottom right and tell us what your idle CPU usage is when not streaming or recording. If everything else seems to be running fine, there is an audio offset in your audio options that may help.

Starmallama

Having a lot of scenes can really bog down a cpu. When you open obs look at the bottom right and tell us what your idle CPU usage is when not streaming or recording. If everything else seems to be running fine, there is an audio offset in your audio options that may help.
I opened up a few more Chrome windows similar to what I would run during a show except I wasn't running a FB Live stream. OBS was sitting at 6% CPU usage at the most.