Question / Help Mac OBS game capture issue

burcu

Hello i checked forum but could not find answer to my problem. Actually even google could not help me !

Here is my issue.

When i used OBS on windows it was ok. I bought a macbook pro downloaded OBS i can do basic settings as window capture etc. But when i try "game capture" it doesnt capture at all. Can anybody explain me every single step about what i should do to make it work please ? I have OBS and soundflower downloaded on mac. Do i need to get something else ? And what is about "game capture (syphon)" since its something new for me . I appriciate any screenshots in replies also ! :)

Thanx for help !

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It is new, and it has to work a bit differently than on windows unfortunately.

Easiest way to configure it is by checking the "Inject" button, then selecting the program you want to capture in the "Application" drop down list. After that, you have to select it again in the "Source" dropdown list. When it appears in the "Source" list that means it has something it can capture.

Make sense? You inject with the inject checkbox and selecting the program to capture in the "Application" list, then to initiate capture you select it again in the "Source" list.