Question / Help MAC - OBS Audio not in mixer (or stream) but iShowU appears to be working

havdisc

I have iShowU installed and configured in MIDI Setup. I tested with Spotify and using Quicktime Audio recording and was able to record. I then went into OBS and configured the Audio settings for the Mic/Aux to be iShowU.

However, when streaming there's no audio along with the mixer not indicating audio passing through.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 5.03.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 5.03.13 PM.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 5.02.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 5.02.57 PM.png
    64 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 5.02.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 5.02.44 PM.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 197

Narcogen

Do you hear audio as normal?

I would suggest deselecting all items in settings/audio and adding the aggregate device as an audio input source in the source pane.

Not sure what else to suggest, it looks like you are doing things correctly.

As a workaround I could suggest not using an aggregate device, but setting the iShowU device as your capture device and either using OBS monitoring for your passthrough (it works now, in previous versions it did not) or free software like LineIn to forward audio from iShowU to your hardware monitor (headphones, presumably) so you can hear.

havdisc

Yes I do hear audio as normal. I'll try the workaround later this afternoon. Many thanks for the replies.

Narcogen

Okay, so the aggregate device is sending to your regular output, but either iShowU isn't getting it, or OBS isn't picking it up from iShowU.

havdisc

I set the output in OSX to only iShowU and went into Quicktime and recorded audio and was able to hear it. However when I did an OBS recording the audio was not present nor was the mixer indicating audio passing through.

TokenEdits

I have iShowU installed and configured in MIDI Setup. I tested with Spotify and using Quicktime Audio recording and was able to record. I then went into OBS and configured the Audio settings for the Mic/Aux to be iShowU.

However, when streaming there's no audio along with the mixer not indicating audio passing through.
Hey, I just wanted to say that I have the same exact issue as you. Audio recording works in quicktime but not in OBS. I tried reinstalling iShowU, but that didn't work either.

Did you ever find a solution?

Last edited: