Mac Monterey - Window Capture Issue

subhamay

The Window Capture option don't show Browser windows neither Safari nor Chrome. Instead shows docks, desktop icons etc. Need help.
Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 3.54.21 PM.png

ben_cho_sei

Same problem here! With Monterrey OBS fails too many times or does not work in the issue of capturing screen. Fix it please, we can not stream....

I think it's a security issue. You have to allow OD 12.2.1 to give access to websites to OBS. I'm calling Apple to find out how.
Now i tried to use "browser" but it only uses "stills of the internet". I need a live Speechchat.com spool so I can talk to friends while "keeping my eyes on the road and not the map."

I'm still having trouble showing a live website. It started today. It doesn't work on either Safari or Chrome.

It doesn't work on either my 2014 Mac Mini with os 12.2.1 or my 2018 with the same os.

Eureka!

If your Macintosh has a T2 security chip which my 2018 Mac Mini does, then you're going to have to go to system preferences > security and privacy > privacy> full disk access. Then use your computer password to change the security settings by hitting the lock button to unlock it. Then hit the magnifying glass type in obs and select open. Then we like it. Restart obs. And Bam you allowed OBS to use Safari.

Just in case this happens, you should do it every time you either update OBS because permissions do not carry from one version of OBS to another as well as every new update of the operating system.

These are instructions for allowing OBS to display a Safari window. Maybe someone else could give details of allowing OBS to use a chrome window.

Ansis

These are instructions for allowing OBS to display a Safari window. Maybe someone else could give details of allowing OBS to use a chrome window.
The same idea — to add OBS acces to different privacy options — screen sharing, input monitoring, etc give me access to lost Keynote windows.

I noticed a new fault in obs. I have two separate scenes as seen collections so that my computer doesn't over work itself. In one scene collection it could understand the Safari window but in another scene collection it cannot and it won't let you log on to the Safari app for live website so you could do speechchat.com

I wonder how you get it so that multiple scene selections can have access to the same Safari window.

I think I got a solution for my own problem that I discovered and want to share it with other people.

If you properly set up the security right then you should have one window in safari that you can keep live and then go back to OBS which goes to a second page and picks up the live Safari page and then copy that scene selection and paste it on another scene selection and you have multiple scene selections with the same screen that's a live website.

That's how I'm able to do speechchat.com live from two different perspectives.

Thought maybe someone else might be able to use this information.

Repeating: copy the scene selection and then rename it and edit everything except the window with the Safari.

The same idea — to add OBS acces to different privacy options — screen sharing, input monitoring, etc give me access to lost Keynote windows.

I understand opening up OBS to the files function and in privacy but that does not allow OBS to access a chrome window and recently speech chat only works on Chrome and not Safari. A little help in getting either Chrome working on obs or speechat.com working in Safari?