Question / Help MAC Desktop Stream to Android | Very low latency

Anshuman Sharma

Hello All,

Am creating one MAC application in which I need to stream MAC display in the local network with very low latency (approx real time). On the receiver side, I have Android Device (in same local network).

I have two questions:
1.) Is there any way I can hide OBS GUI and do all configuration by the command, from my application only. OBS will run in the background for streaming?
2.) For low latency, I have tried with UDP it's having so much pixelation now am doing it with TCP it's running but having a delay of ~400ms Please let me know the best way to do it.

Thanks
Anshuman

Narcogen

Settings > General > Minimize to System Tray When Started

This will leave the OBS menu bar item but suppress the other windows after startup.

This behavior is a little strange, by the way-- in this state, when OBS is "minimized" the only visible part of its UI will be the item in the menubar at the top of the screen.

The OBS icon in your dock will make it appear as if OBS is not even running... but it is. Clicking the dock icon will not launch OBS (since it is already running) nor will it make the OBS gui appear. You click the menubar icon at the top of the screen to make the OBS interface appear or hide itself.

This is distinct from the usual "minimize windows to dock icon" behavior of most Mac applications-- which OBS also will do if you use the yellow minimize button on each of its windows, but there's no way that I can see to set OBS to perform that action on launch.

In addition, the Mac version still has the setting for "always minimize to system tray instead of task bar" which makes a difference in the app's behavior on Windows but as far as I can tell does nothing in MacOS. I suppose something analogous would be to change whether the app minimizes to the menubar icon or the dock icon, but as far as I can tell, this setting doesn't affect this.