Mac 26.1.2 Audio Crackling after update...

musictubaman54

I am trying to record speeches, and I updated my mac last night to Big Sur 11.3.1 All of my recorded audio with OBS has crackling in now... This was not the case before the update. I tried recording audio with Quicktime, and there was no issue. I am in need of correcting this ASAP, because I need to live stream a graduation tomorrow, and I am afraid it will affect that audio. I've tried a lot of the simple troubleshooting ideas (delete, reinstall, lower the audio on the mac, etc...) If someone knows a solution, please help me out! Thanks

dgatwood

I am trying to record speeches, and I updated my mac last night to Big Sur 11.3.1 All of my recorded audio with OBS has crackling in now... This was not the case before the update. I tried recording audio with Quicktime, and there was no issue. I am in need of correcting this ASAP, because I need to live stream a graduation tomorrow, and I am afraid it will affect that audio. I've tried a lot of the simple troubleshooting ideas (delete, reinstall, lower the audio on the mac, etc...) If someone knows a solution, please help me out! Thanks

I assume you tried rebooting.

Chances are, your computer was doing Spotlight indexing. Hopefully it finished before your recording session.

retsofaj

I can confirm a similar crackling on my iMac Pro however there are some potential confounding factors:
  • SoundSource
  • Loopback
  • ZoomAudioDevice
  • GroundControl
I can similarly confirm that this started relatively recently, although I can't tell if it coincided with 11.3.1