Bug Report Low CPU usage/ low fps/ good specs/ good upload speed/ (UNKNOWN PROBLEM)

Jacob_Helsel

So I have a $1100 desktop with really good upload speed and specs, but i just can't get my Overwatch to run at 60 fps. There is still a green square by the kbps on the bottom right when I stream, and the menu gets 60 fps, but the moment I choose a character, fps goes to 20-40. I have streamed before using GeForce Experience, and I get 60 fps 1080p NO lag whatsoever while streaming with GeForce.

My priority is to get a constant 60 fps on Overwatch with at least 720p (dont see how it cant be 1080p though :/ )

IMPORTANT NOTICE (I think...?): I have seen complaints of having a low cpu % around 20%, and mine is even lower, usually running between 0.1-8.0% cpu usage! Please help and thank you!

https://gist.github.com/97f89986f428737d45042244105e0e41

You're overloading your GPU, hence the rendering lags/stalls showing in the log. Reduce game details and/or cap the FPS to something reasonable.

In your Overwatch scene you have both Monitor Capture and Game Capture as sources. Having Monitor Capture alongside other capture methods in the same scene causes an overhead as monitor capture is effectively 'always on'. You should remove it from the source and test again.

Jacob_Helsel

You're overloading your GPU, hence the rendering lags/stalls showing in the log. Reduce game details and/or cap the FPS to something reasonable.
In your Overwatch scene you have both Monitor Capture and Game Capture as sources. Having Monitor Capture alongside other capture methods in the same scene causes an overhead as monitor capture is effectively 'always on'. You should remove it from the source and test again.

Thank you SO much for helping! I lowered my fps a little and took out the extra capture, and now I can now stream at perfect 60 fps! I can't believe the solution was so simple and obvious.

Glad to hear you found a solution, mind uploading a logfile with your updated settings that includes a few minutes' worth of streaming?