Question / Help Low CPU usage + 100mbps up and down but stream still lagging very badly

carlmmii

Help -> Log Files -> Upload Current Log File, or upload previous log file (depending on whether you closed OBS since the session). The logs you posted are incomplete, without the necessary information for stream performance.

redrolls

Help -> Log Files -> Upload Current Log File, or upload previous log file (depending on whether you closed OBS since the session). The logs you posted are incomplete, without the necessary information for stream performance.
Just edited with a pastebin link.

carlmmii

Run OBS as administrator. This should help with any rendering lag, as this puts OBS on the GPU priority list in windows.

Switch back to Nvenc if you haven't already, and turn psychovisual tuning Off. This setting (along with look ahead and max quality) uses CUDA acceleration, which requires extra GPU usage outside of the actual Nvenc silicon on the GPU. This should help with any encoding lag (which, to note -- your x264 tests had no encoding lag, but you'll get better quality from nvenc).

redrolls

Run OBS as administrator. This should help with any rendering lag, as this puts OBS on the GPU priority list in windows.

Switch back to Nvenc if you haven't already, and turn psychovisual tuning Off. This setting (along with look ahead and max quality) uses CUDA acceleration, which requires extra GPU usage outside of the actual Nvenc silicon on the GPU. This should help with any encoding lag (which, to note -- your x264 tests had no encoding lag, but you'll get better quality from nvenc).
Before this, I couldn't even run 720p 30fps on the worst settings. Now I'm running 1080p 60fps on Quality with no lag. Thanks so much dude!!! Made my day!

Sukiyucky

1. 14:49:49.475: Adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
  2. 14:49:49.475: Dedicated VRAM: 4147118080
  3. 14:49:49.475: Shared VRAM: 4260909056
  4. 14:49:49.475: PCI ID: 10de:2187
  5. 14:49:49.475: Driver Version: 26.21.14.4575
Don't use NVENC new. Use the old NVENC. A GTX 1650 does not use the Turing NVENC encoder. It uses the old VOLTA NVENC encoder.

GeForce GTX 1650Turing*
* = Turing GPU with Volta NVENC

carlmmii

1650 Super. It's Turing.

That also has no bearing on whether to use Nvenc new or not, as that just determines whether the more efficient path to the encoder is used.

wseaton

This may sound stupid, but check that multiple sessions of OBS aren't running in the background. I dealt with this issue a few days ago and was swearing at my MSP, then discovered via task manager that multiple sessions of OBS were running in the background running the same feed...or trying.

Joselito

This may sound stupid, but check that multiple sessions of OBS aren't running in the background. I dealt with this issue a few days ago and was swearing at my MSP, then discovered via task manager that multiple sessions of OBS were running in the background running the same feed...or trying.
How do we fix that?