Question / Help Looking for a best setting for a low-end laptop

johnverlie0117

Good day, I have been streaming with OBS Studio for more than 3 months now, however, my friends and some of my viewers are complaining that they can't enjoy the stream because my stream is lag. When I reviewed my stream videos, indeed the stream is lag, however, I observed that my video capture device is not lagging the window capture setting is lagging. I am using a mirroring app (APOWERMIRROR). Please help me find the best settings for my stream. Thank you so much for the help. God bless.

Attached is the log file :

Attachments

• 2020-04-12 20-51-34.txt
    72.2 KB · Views: 215

carlmmii

- Update windows all the way to 1909. It looks like you haven't updated in 2 years.... a lot has changed.
- Update OBS to the latest version (25.0.4 as of right now).
- Run OBS as administrator
- Set your output (scaled) resolution to 848x480, leave framerate at 30fps
- Use QuickSync for your encoder

If you still end up having rendering lag after these steps, then you'll also probably need to use a smaller canvas size and/or simplify your scenes.

As a side note, do not record directly to .mov. This container has the same problem as .mp4 where if something happens to cut the recording off abruptly, the file will be completely corrupted due to OBS not being able to write the required end metadata. Instead, use a format like .mkv or .flv. You can remux it into a different container format afterward with no quality loss.