Live streams lag

• Thread starter Deleted member 319772
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 319772

I was trying to live stream a game from my Nintendo Switch to Facebook and Twitch (via Omlet Arcade to simultaneously live stream). I thought I had everything set correctly on OBS but when i started streaming it was laggy and labeled as unstabled. I have a MacBook Air with 1.6GHz dual core intel core i5 and 8GB of memory and the graphics are intel UHD Graphics 617 1535MB. Can anyone help me? Maybe it’s a auto/video bitrate problem...i dont know...I need help

Lawrence_SoCal

You double posted. not sure if you can delete the other post (your to-do item to look into).. or at least follow up on that other thread so say 'please ignore' s you only have a single thread to follow

That laptop has a low-end CPU, optimized for battery life, not the computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding.
I recommend monitoring hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc) utilization to see if your system is being maxed out with your settings (which it probably is). Your problem is trying to do something with that ultrabook for which it is a poor fit. You are likely going to need to lower your settings (forget 60fps, etc) to have any chance of getting real-time video encoding to work on that device

Then here's the quick-start guide: As others have recommended, also good to watch the Nerd or Die tutorial video series:
then, after you've done that, follow the pinned post in the forum regarding posting log