Question / Help Live streaming to YouTube, always "Bad" status - What am I doing wrong?

Vinterbird

9oMBiHa.png

This is what I am seeing when streaming most of the time out of our office for work webinars.

Our internet is around 90/90mb/s, so connection speed is not an issue and I've cleared with IT that the streaming computer is not behind any kind of firewall or other blocks. Yet YouTube keeps saying we aren't feeding it enough information.

I've set OBS to send 6000kbp/s and YouTube to recieve the same amount, and I've tried everything I could Google myself too, and yet I am getting a "Bad" status from YouTube.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with this kind of issue?

Log from OBS is attached (also here - https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0e25d0f1e9f1e7fa3b4496b830d0f4d0) , please note that I changed the settings for streaming so actual streaming settings are found at line 300 and forward.

Attachments

• 2016-06-23 11-22-57.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 68

Simes

Output 'simple_stream': Number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 3213 (2.1%)

Could be that your system isn't quite up to the job you're asking it to do. What if you test at a lower bitrate, or at 720p instead of 1080p?

Vinterbird

Output 'simple_stream': Number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 3213 (2.1%)

Could be that your system isn't quite up to the job you're asking it to do. What if you test at a lower bitrate, or at 720p instead of 1080p?

I've not had issues at 720p with the recommended YouTube bitrate (I think they recommend 4000 at 720). But I really want to push toward a 1080p image. Do I need to upgrade the hardware in order to get there without issue?

sam686

for 1080p, you may set preset to SuperFast to reduce encoder lag.

Try speed testing your internet using a website like speedtest.net, and show us your upload speed.

Vinterbird

for 1080p, you may set preset to SuperFast to reduce encoder lag.

Try speed testing your internet using a website like speedtest.net, and show us your upload speed.

Will try out with Superfast.

Internet speed:
5444890163.png

Also:

Should I set the encoder to be x264 or the Nvidia hardware encoder? What is generally seen as the better option?

Last edited: