Live Streaming on YouTube sounds horrible

Gina Marie

We're having a hard time getting our audio to sound right while live streaming our church services. It's worse during worship while using music, and multiple mics, yet the preaching sounds tinny or has distorted sound. The mics are wireless and the mixer is plugged directly into the computer in the blue colored sound hole. Thank you for any help you can give. We have an evangelist coming Sunday and I'm trying to get it all fixed.
Also, when streaming, should I keep the audio level in the audio mixer on obs in the yellow or green? I see red dots on bottom when it's in the green.
Thanks, Gina Marie

rockbottom

Gina,

Set the sampling rate for all your mics to 48k, you have one of them @ 16k so it more than likely sounds like a POTS line. Your soundcard is at 96k & it wouldn't hurt to set that @ 48k as well.

18:44:47.129: WASAPI: Device 'Microphone (2- J1455 )' [16000 Hz] initialized
18:44:47.137: [Loaded global audio device]: 'Mic/Aux 3'

Last edited:

qhobbes

1. Enable CoreAudio AAC encoder.
2. You have Mismatched Refresh Rates. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation. You can fix this performance problem by setting all displays to use the same refresh rate.

This problem is fixed in the '2004' release of Windows 10. Update Windows.
3. Turn Game DVR Off.
3. Run OBS as Admin.
4. Use the hardware QuickSync encoder (via Settings -> Output).

Gina Marie

Gina,

Set the sampling rate for all your mics to 48k, you have one of them @ 16k so it more than likely sounds like a POTS line. Your soundcard is at 96k & it wouldn't hurt to set that @ 48k as well.
Would I do that on the obs settings or on the settings on the computer? I used to be real computer savy but with age my memory isn't working as well lol.

rockbottom

1. Enable CoreAudio AAC encoder.
2. You have Mismatched Refresh Rates. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation. You can fix this performance problem by setting all displays to use the same refresh rate.

This problem is fixed in the '2004' release of Windows 10. Update Windows.
3. Turn Game DVR Off.
3. Run OBS as Admin.
4. Use the hardware QuickSync encoder (via Settings -> Output).

Stop, she doesn't need to update Windows right now....

Last edited: