Live Streaming Audio Help Needed

Kenny H

I've recently installed a live streaming system using a dedicated live stream computer with OBS software and while doing the system testing all seems to be working fine except the audio volume is not very loud. I'm using our Allen & Heath sound mixing board as the audio source and sending the audio output from the RCA jack "Rec Out" on the mixing board to the live stream computer thru a squid connector. The sound quality and crispness seems to be great, we just can't seem to get as much volume as would be ideal for some of the older church members. I've also tried using the "AUX Out" on the mixing board and the sound is about the same as using "Rec Out". Anyone else experienced this issue or have suggestions on what I could do different to improve the sound volume? Thanks.

Kenny

Try the following:
  • open Windows' Control Panel (search 'control panel' in Windows 10)
  • Click 'Hardware and Sound'
  • Click 'Manage audio devices' under Sound
  • Click the 'Recording' tab
  • Select the device from the list that is receiving the signal from your mixer and click 'Properties'
  • Select the 'Levels' tab
  • See if you can bring up the volume from there

WCE

Kenny,

Try the suggestion above first. If that doesn't work for you, adding a Gain filter to the audio source in OBS will allow you to increase the volume. You can also add compression and limiter filters, as well. I don't have my settings in front of me, but next time I'm on the studio computer, I'll grab them and let you know what they are. I do remember that I'm set to keep things at about -3 dB.

Regards,
Chris