Question / Help Live Stream Quality Bad but Preview is Amazing

ndeyorgi97

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone can help me with my stream. In my stream preview everything looks amazing but when i stream live it looks terrible and choppy and after the recording doesnt look good. Not thats its lagging or anything. When i go to my stream live on youtube and put quality on 720p it looks terrible im recording with a elgato hd60 s. If anyone can help me feel free to comment but here are my obs logs with my settings.Also here is a video of how it looks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gmyflX9Rbo

Attachments

• OBS logs.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Narcogen

Open OBS.
Start streaming or recording.
Wait until your issue occurs.
Stop the stream or recording session. (Do NOT close OBS.)
Upload the Current Log.

ndeyorgi97

Open OBS.
Start streaming or recording.
Wait until your issue occurs.
Stop the stream or recording session. (Do NOT close OBS.)
Upload the Current Log.
Thanks brotha I appreciate the help instead of telling me that’s not it without any help lol but the issue I’m having is just the preview in obs looks amazing crisp when I stream or records the quality is not nearly as good idk if it’s my computer,connection, or settings I’ll send the log when I get home

Kryztoval

First of all, the preview is what OBS is seeing, this will be the source for the encoder. by no means is this the output of the encoder, so it doesn't matter how GOOD the preview looks, that is never how the encoded result will look like. unless you use loseless or very close to loseless.

Second of all, you seem to be capturing 1080p with elgato. for 1080p at 60fps the least you should go is 8500kbps, but you need to make sure you have enough UPSTREAM bandwidth to send that.

ndeyorgi97

First of all, the preview is what OBS is seeing, this will be the source for the encoder. by no means is this the output of the encoder, so it doesn't matter how GOOD the preview looks, that is never how the encoded result will look like. unless you use loseless or very close to loseless.

Second of all, you seem to be capturing 1080p with elgato. for 1080p at 60fps the least you should go is 8500kbps, but you need to make sure you have enough UPSTREAM bandwidth to send that.
Alright and so should I get a new graphics card to improve stream I got a nvidia GeForce Gtx 1050?

Kryztoval

Alright and so should I get a new graphics card to improve stream I got a nvidia GeForce Gtx 1050?
According to nVidia site and the table found here: https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix
if you have a 1050 right now your next jump would be a GTX1660

I don't think switching up your gpu would improve your streaming. It may make the game look better, but the encoder is basically the same.

And Harold is talking about the actual driver, your driver is outdated, you need to download the latest version of the nvidia display driver, you can get that from nvidia's website.