Question / Help live stream latency

gg_bond

Hi,I am using ffmpeg command line to stream my video in ubuntu as rtmp output , but I met large latency about half a minute when playback the video on website .But when I use obs to stream my video , the latency is just 1 s, what do I need to do to reduce the delay.Welcome any suggestions,thansks. I had used the same preset as obs's and '-tune zerolatency' option in command line

Tuna

90% of the latency happens on the RTMP server side. Nothing OBS can do about it. You need to check your streaming service provider for such an option.

gg_bond

90% of the latency happens on the RTMP server side. Nothing OBS can do about it. You need to check your streaming service provider for such an option.
Thanks for yout answer. I push streams to the same RTMP server. Why do the delays differ so much in two different ways? I think OBS must optimize the delays. Does the server only delay OBS a little while ffmpeg a lot? I don't think so, because they are based on RTMP both. Or something else I didn't realize, could you tell me ,thanks again.

Tuna

Ooops, sorry I misread the question's real point.

It should actually be the same delay yes. It may indeed be something with the the FFMPEG settings. zerolatency sounds like the right thing to go - maybe for some reason it has in the FFMPEG case? (misspelled? overridden by other options?)