Question / Help Live Music Stream OBS+Logic Pro x+Totalmix+Twitch

Montantny

Hi everyone,

I want to stream live acoustic guitar and vocals on twitch. I am using Logic Pro X with a Fireface UC interface(+Totalmix Software) on an iMac (late 2009, OSX10.10.2). I want to get the Logic output into Twitch!

How can I get the sound working? I tried almost everything, also this Wavtap programm, but that doesn´t work (after Installation and reboot I can´t choose it as my default audio device, it doesn´t apear anywhere).

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
If you're trying to get audio from the desktop itself, you do indeed have to use wavtap or soundflower. Unfortunately no other way still due to Apple making foolish decisions in that regard.

Make sure that you make absolutely sure you set up wavtap/soundflower correctly, and test to see whether any sort of audio from other programs is being captured with it or not, see wavtap/soundflower captures any audio. Sometimes what can happen is certain programs that output audio allow you to select the output device, and they also have to be set to wavtap/soundflower sometimes. It's a bit annoying but that's just the state of affairs due to Apple again.

Montantny

Hi Jim,

thanks for your reply.

I want OBS to "grab" the output from LogicX. Guitar/Vocals->Interface->LogicX->OBS->Twitch!

Apple is making a lot of foolish decisions, don´t wanna go into detail, that would spread this forum;)

I´ll experiment a little bit, but I think I´ll sell my iMac and give Apple a big fat FU and use my PC with another DAW...!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The sound output capture should be fine, I mean Apple may have made a poor design decision in now allowing output capture but most other things are generally okay. I'd have to see your setup myself to really understand the problem. I really can't help but feel it's a configuration issue.

Esben

I'm using Ableton Live 9, SoundFlower, OBS and Audio Hijack 3 from Rogue Amoeba. My sound card is an Apollo Quad from Universal Audio. Check out the album for settings to Audio Hijack and OBS.

http://imgur.com/a/VAQzv

Hope that helps!