Question / Help Live Gamer HD PCI-E Linux support?

bezerker

Hello all,

I'm currently using an Archlinux machine to stream to via NVENC which then streams to nginx-rtmp with ffmpeg to stream to Twitch.

I'm finding several games (particularly DX11) struggling to keep up with this and was looking to switch to a capture card setup if possible. I'd hate to have to reinstall windows on that machine though and would love to stick to my linux machine for this purpose. Does anyone know if this card works with OBS in Linux?

Thanks,
Bez

bezerker

Hrm. Upon further review, it's looking like this is a big no. I'm not seeing much luck. I found a guy running it via KVM virtualization inside windows, but that's it.

sadly no, currently the only hdmi capture card in linux is the black magic intensity pro and that doesn't work with obs-studio, YET. otherwise if you need to capture component out the original hd-pvr model 1212 works, i've used it to capture my xbox 360 gameplay but again, it doesn't work obs-studio. the problem with these devices is that send a uniquely encoded bitstream that requires a driver to decode them. i had found some info on a guy trying to reverse engineer the bitstream from an elgato hd but that was only gathering info, he hadn't made any progress.

i've been capturing/streaming video in linux for many years and it come so far recently with simplescreenrecorder, obs, and screenstudio compared to back in the day when we just had a horrid ffmpeg script to work with that often times just produced horrible out of sync audio/video