Question / Help Literally unusable.

fapplin

Hi, so recently I booted up my old iMac from 2009 and got all the necessary upgrades for it. It's up to date on everything and runs everything else perfectly well. I'm trying to get OBS to work on it with my Logitech C922 stream camera (which can record in 1080p) but it gives me the encoding error even when I use the lowest specs that I wanna use. There's no way my Mac can't handle 720p 30fps on a streaming camera by itself when I literally record gameplay footage in 1080p 60fps. I use the camera to make YouTube videos. The camera works just fine on my HP Pavilion but the quality is dog doo. Any help that can be offered to me is greatly appreciated. I can provide the entire specs of my iMac if necessary.

tl;dr Mac spazzing no matter what settings I use for OBS. PLS HALP

macOS High Sierra
Version 10.13.6
iMac (21.5 inch, Late 2009)
3.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
8GB memory 1067 MHz DDR3
ATI Raeon HD 4670 256 MB graphics card

Narcogen

A good start point would be a log.

Include a log file if you have a problem: here's how

That said... having owned a similar machine and used it a long time, it would not be surprising at all that a Core 2 Duo is completely insufficient for any reasonable amount of live x264 encoding. I believe the suggested minimum at this time for OBS Studio is an i5, which belongs to the following generation of CPUs. That CPU has a passmark of under 2000.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core2+Duo+E7600+@+3.06GHz&id=948

Are you trying to stream or record?