Linux (Works, to a degree) [hoax]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Woa there, relax. Everything's going fine. Just so you know, the reason why the current OBS codebase hasn't been updated much is because I am literally spending almost all my time on the new code. With the way you guys are responding I'm going to have to post the code on github soon otherwise people are going to think -I'm- hoaxing.

I actually don't have too much to do left on the new codebase. Major subsystems are complete, it's most just getting everything back to what it was and finishing up the UI code (which we currently want to use wxwidgets for).

For the linux and mac versions there's still a bit more on top of that left to do: capturing audio/video and the GL wrapper, but I think as soon as the code base is released that others will begin helping fill in those gaps.

seanbutnotheard

I've been a lurker here for a long time, watching for Linux developments (and being disappointed by the hoaxes). When the time comes that you're ready to put something out there for folks to test, shoot me a PM as I'd be glad to help out. I'm confortable building from source and tracking down dependencies, etc.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
After a bit more cleaning up/commenting/polish I'll probably post it on github.

Status
Not open for further replies.