Linking audio & video help needed

Thestable1

Local school wants to import my audio play by play to a school supplied live video, how can this be done using 2 separate computers & setups?
System 1 has entire audio setup, programs, etc to run a normal game operation.
System 2 utilizes OBS for video, usually no audio.
How can we make this happen for the school using 2 computers, but sending out 1 live feed?
Thanks for any help at all.

Lawrence_SoCal

This isn't my area of expertise. but for those who would offer assistance, I'm sure they'll want to know
- are the 2 PCs in the same room?
- Can you tap into (split if need be?) audio out from System 1 and feed into System 2?

Lawrence_SoCal

but same room, right? the issue is being able to run a direct cable between the PC. Even 10-20ft+ should be fine.
An issue would be separate rooms and concrete block wall between the 2 PCs
So I'm in a totally different setup (House of Worship live streaming) but we do have the PA system we use for its wireless microphone and we take the audio output from the sound panel and connect to line in on OBS streaming PC - works well (but required someone quite knowledgeable on audio cables and with a large box of spare parts to get right set of cables/adapter to get our set up to work)
You are in a similar situation. And then depending on video vs audio, whether you'll need to make any adjustments on System 2 in terms of audio sync

I'm guessing you would want Audio feed going into OBS video streaming PC / System 2
- does System 2 have audio input port (most likely yes... BUT you'll need to find EXACTLY what type of port (TRS, TRRS (and 2 'standards' of TRRS) and then get appropriate cable/adapter (s) to use as audio input
- beware, depending on PC, you may have to be careful with Window OS sound & privacy settings, as well as possible vendor sound interface 'applets'. Then OBS audio config of that audio input

For your setup, I'm guessing what is going to be needed is an understanding of the audio output options from System 1 (and EXACTLY where in the audio path you want to get the signal... ie the audio mix for a radio broadcast may or may not be the same as you want for OBS video...). Is there an audio output port on System 1, that has the audio in the mix/state you want/need you can run a cable from? Again.. not my area... just trying to get you to clarify so those much more knowledgeable than I can help you. Or does System 1 connect to something (broadcast /PA system/radio transmitter/??) and you could grab audio from there?