Limited to 10 FPS

ryansmall

I am trying to stream some live events but running into an issue due to FPS. We have purchased a Panasonic Pro AG-HPX170 camera which outputs at 1920x1080 at 60 fps. However, if within the video capture device settings in OBS, I set the input resolution to what is being sent by the camera, the maximum FPS is 10 which results in a choppy video. I have discovered a direct inverse correlation with the video capture device settings related to resolution and FPS - as you set the receive resolution lower, the FPS increases (and vice versa). The computer we are running OBS is https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_1203_1157&item_id=165136&language=en

I have the encoder set to software (x264) which as I understand it means that the encoding is done by the CPU of which this computer should be more than capable. The only hunch I have is that I need to get a dedicated graphics card because using the integrated graphics chipset is what is limiting me to 10 FPS.

Thanks!

FerretBomb

We would need to see a logfile from a streaming attempt.
It is entirely possible that the integrated video could not be keeping up with the compositing/rendering needs at higher resolutions, but we would need to see a logfile of that in action to be sure.

On a side-note, encoding 1080p60 video is EXTREMELY taxing on a computer, depending on the preset in use.