Question / Help Legato HD60 not showing in window capture (MAC)

ColeGames

Hi,

I've been trying to set up my stream on a mac and i've watched many videos and tried to follow the steps to set everything up, other people seem to be able to set it up fine on a mac so I know its not the mac issue even though i hate them.. but after running my game capture device through my ps4 which works perfectly i then open up OBS and try to set the elgato up. I know I can't video capture because OBS doesn't support elgato on mac but window capture should work but for some reason OBS can't find or just doesn't show my game capture as a window to capture, I tried reinstalling both software as well as restarting my computer to see if it just needed a reboot but nothing.. Does anyone know the reason why it wouldn't work or have any solutions that could help me run it?

Thanks!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Using Window capture to capture it is a bad idea anyway, since Mac Window capture has poor performance on large windows. I recommend using Display capture instead.

ettore

Using Window capture to capture it is a bad idea anyway, since Mac Window capture has poor performance on large windows. I recommend using Display capture instead.
yeah, but to make display capture we must have other monitor, because i need my monitor free to manage live stream, music, twitch chat etc. Display capture required a free monitor. with windows capture we can create second desktop to run elgato software and leave open, than we came back and use first desktop to manage all. Is frustrating this kind of incompatibility with elgato e OBS. 200$ to buy it and than, crazy manage with capture video, capture audio, low quality. It's insane.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Blame Elgato. Perhaps you should have spent money on a capture card whose company bothered to make AVCapture drivers.

GamingWithGF

You have to launch the elgato software 1st. test and make sure you can see your ps4 through that..
THEN launch OBS and add window capture as a global source, and you should be able to see the elgato software..

You're gonna have to trim it since it captures the whole program.. and just like what others said, the quality is not really good w/window capture.

So do that, or bootcamp your Mac w/Windows and do it that way..