Question / Help League of Legends dropping frames with OBS just open

kevocado

I recently tried to start streaming but every time i play with OBS open ( not even streaming) i drop significant frames in LOL.

Can i even stream with these specs?
When OBS is open its consuming 70%-80% of my CPU it says, is that normal?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 6.18.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 6.18.22 PM.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
I don't recommend using Window capture, as it tends to have very poor performance. Try using Display capture instead, and crop it as needed.

kevocado

Really. I thought it was the other way around. I know nothing about bit rates, downscaling, resolution , etc ... is that all properly setup?

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
It's reversed on Windows. On Windows, Window capture is better than Monitor capture. On Mac, Display capture is better than Window capture.

The other settings seem pretty reasonable.

kevocado

Can you tell me why while using soundflowerbed when I'm streaming, all my audio will usually cut out occasionally. Usually a quick restart in soundflower will fix it but just wondering if that was an issue that has been resolved before

nixiecon

Hello, I seem to have the same problem, but I have an even older computer. I usually get 100+ FPS while playing League, and once I open OBS, the FPS drops to 50-60. Here is the log file: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/1dc81f2998783fef9e75

I deleted the Game Capture source I had, and that bumped my FPS back up to 100+. Per the advice in this thread, I tried using Display Capture instead, and that did work somewhat as my FPS ranged from 60-100. However, I'd prefer not to show my entire desktop. But when I try to crop to the window of the League game, I'm not able to find the window, even when I put the game on windowed borderless and I check the option to show windows without empty names.

I guess capturing my entire desktop is a workable option, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do short of buying a new computer (would more RAM help?). Thanks!!