Laptop specs required for streaming

Xfirgaming

Dear team,

Can anyone advise me if my laptop specs are good to go with either elgato 60 s or Razer Ripsaw HD pleasd. Iam getting lots of mixed advises. Are these specs minimally enough?

My current laptop spec as follows.

Lenovo Intel Core i7-4500U 8GB Ram GT720M 2GB Dedicated graphics card with switchable graphic up to 6GB.

Thank you in advance guys!

Lawrence_SoCal

Can that laptop stream using OBS - sure
However, depends on what you are also doing on the laptop which you don't mention, as to whether streaming will actually work. For reference, I tried a simple USB webcam, PowerPoint windows capture and multiple pre-recorded videos, and many OBS scenes, on a laptop 1 generation newer than what you list (with a SSD), which couldn't handle my setup. Had I known OBS better, and optimized OBS settings, might it have worked... maybe.
Video encoding is an intensive task. So, it depends on bitrate you are planning, and how much of your laptop's CPU/GPU resources your activity that you want to stream will consume. For example, if you want to stream gaming, and overall CPU usage is over 60-75% without OBS, and you want to add a high-quality video stream on top of that... I'd expect to fail/not work
So the mixed advice is likely because .. it depends. Could you stream with that laptop - yes, definitely. Can you stream what you want to stream, with the look you desire, adding webcam and microphone of you during game play, or ?? - depends...
I suspect (but as a newbie, and not a gamer, could easily be wrong) you will have to have to do a fair amount of research on optimizing OBS configurations [figuring out how to filter out bad advice], and your laptop itself, to get streaming to work, as you definitely have an older, lower end, low RAM setup for live video streaming

Good luck

Xfirgaming

Thank you for the reply sir. Iam just only gonna stream in facebook. Just 1080 60fps is good enough for me without lag.. I wont be using any other webcam except for the inbuilt one. As for microphone a simple one. Iam actually considering budget ones like Y&H capture cards as i dont need expensive ones to work as long it gets me 1080p 60fps without lag. Furthermore ill be streaming via my mobile phone. Any suggestions?

Lawrence_SoCal

I don't follow. If streaming from mobile phone (I assume direct to Facebook) that would be 720p and 30fps, and no PC would be involved. So please clarify request about PC specs?
As for a PC, 1080p 60fps, with a webcam and a USB microphone... I suspect that might overload (or come close to it) an old laptop with OBS all by itself. The typical reason to mention 60fps is for game play, and playing a game on old laptop, and streaming with OBS might work, but if it did, I'd suspect a lot of work/expertise put into understanding OBS intimately, and making really fine tuned optimizations.
Realistically, I'd be really surprised if you old laptop could handle streaming at 1080p 60fps, especially when adding layers for Picture in Picture webcam and USB mic... but as I said, I'm not a gamer... hopefully someone who knows better than I can comment