Laptop settings - To buy

Bruna Ramos

Hi! I would like some review on this config of a new laptop i'm considering to buy for streaming in Youtube. I use 2 cameras, one iphone with an OBS app and a Logi920. Stream is in 1080p 30fps. It has to run both OBS in streaming and Itunes for the iphone camera to work. I'm currently experiencing peaks on my CPU usage and as my laptop is old (3rd generation i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce 610M, 6GB memory) and I think is time to buy a new one. But, as I tend to do this professionally and doesn't understand NOTHING about PCs, I'm here asking for help so I doesn’t spend my money wrong.

The one i`m thinking of buying:

Vostro 14 5490 Laptop

• 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10510U Processor
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English
  • 8GB, onboard, DDR4, 2666MHz
  • 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
All help are very appreciated

Alex_Doss

Hello,
What graphics card does that laptop have if it has one, if you are going to be recording and saving videos to a file on your computer you will want something a little bigger then the 256GB SSD or another drive like a 1TB hard drive.

What I said above would be a few of the deciding factors of that, if you could get me that info I could suggest if should get that one or look for a different one.

Bruna Ramos

Hello,
What graphics card does that laptop have if it has one, if you are going to be recording and saving videos to a file on your computer you will want something a little bigger then the 256GB SSD or another drive like a 1TB hard drive.

What I said above would be a few of the deciding factors of that, if you could get me that info I could suggest if should get that one or look for a different one.

Hello Alex, just stream, im not recording. It comes with a Nvidia GeForce® Mx 230.

Thankyou for your time

Alex_Doss

Hello Alex, just stream, im not recording. It comes with a Nvidia GeForce® Mx 230.

Thankyou for your time

Hello, after searching about the GeForce MX230, I think you will need something just a little more powerful, do you feel comfortable sharing your budget, if so I could search for a good laptop that will do what you need to. If not I can give you a few options and you can decide.

Bruna Ramos

Hello, after searching about the GeForce MX230, I think you will need something just a little more powerful, do you feel comfortable sharing your budget, if so I could search for a good laptop that will do what you need to. If not I can give you a few options and you can decide.
U$ 1.000 more or less

Alex_Doss

Alright, some good news, I found one that is more then enough to stream with good settings, but is about $150 USD less than $1,000, it is also manufactured by a well know company.

Here you go!