Laptop lags when recording on OBS

VinceR

Title says it all. I tried using OBS on another laptop with lower specs (single graphics card) and everything worked out smoothly. I don't know why my more powerful computer suddenly stutters when I was recording. Please help me because I will need to record my university lectures tomorrow. Attached are my log files

Attachments

• 2020-08-23 10-30-56.txt
    13 KB · Views: 47

Fitey

Lawrence_SoCal

Is that first log correct. You have OBS v22 (vs current v25.0.8)?
First time ever to look at log, so no idea what I'm doing, but*if* I'm reading it right log show encoder dropping frames (8%)
What I can't tell is how busy your disk drive is (hopefully an SSD) and i that is a bottleneck, or something in OBS (which I'm too much a newbie to offer advice.. you'll have to get input for others on that aspect). Also, how is OS RAM utilization, and background processes/services?

VinceR

@Fitey here you go

@Lawrence_SoCal Yeah, I'm on v22 rn.

The problem with this computer is that it has a dual graphics card (as the logs have shown). According to some tutorials out there, in order to avoid the black screen problem, I'm supposed to run OBS using my integrated graphics card. I'm guessing that probably has something to do with the lag but I'm not that certain that's why I went on the forums to either confirm or debunk my suspicions.