Question / Help Laptop camera not working

Lippy

Hi people,
Today I downloaded OBS and earlier my camera on my laptop was wroking fine. After I closed and resopened the camera is activated, light is on and my laptop is seeing it as being in use by the program but the screen is just black. I've tried everything I could think of to get it to show and even went through the forum for ideas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Lippy

I now have it working, I have to go through custom sizes before it will work. Is there a workaround for this?

FerretBomb

Make sure you have only one Video Capture Device source, and if any have been added to secondary scenes, that they are 'add existing' duplicates of the main one. Webcams can only be accessed by a single program at a time, and each 'add new' VCD source counts as a separate one. Changing the settings can force the camera to restart, allowing the one you're currently working with to 'grab' it first.

Hopefully this helps. Otherwise, post a logfile from a streaming or recording session at least 30 seconds in length. There are instructions on how to do that in a pinned topic at the top of this forum.