Laggy Stream (work) Monster PC

HPV

Hi all, hope you're well and having a good week! I'm doing a daily live stream for a client at the moment and the last few days I have had some strange issues with lag that appear and disappear without explanation.. Log file attached. Computer is a 16 core 3950X with 2080ti, 128GB ram. I'm just streaming a window capture from a Zoom window, with some h264 .mov files playing on seperate scenes before and after the stream.

The lag appeared first 2 days ago, freezing briefly every 5-10 seconds. Restart didn't fix it, GPU driver update did. Next day was fine, today it appeared again and restarting didn't fix it, but turning the stream on and off a few times and opening up a chrome window with the stream on it somehow fixed it (probably something else). I'm very confused and am not sure where to begin with troubleshooting. I have highlighted some extracts from the log below to hopefully save anyone kind enough to ponder my situation some time:

Logs say something about audio which I can't interpret: [AMF] Unable to load 'amfrt64.dll', error code 126.

Something about decklink drivers not being installed (my decklink appears to work fine to switch scenes)

08:17:08.526: Max audio buffering reached!
08:17:08.526: adding 1021 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 1044 milliseconds (source: Pre-Pre-Roll)

Could this cause lag? Not sure why it's there?

I stopped the stream because it was unusable here:

08:21:03.059: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] User stopped the stream
08:21:03.059: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
08:21:03.059: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 1931
08:21:03.059: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 1646 (1986 attempted)
08:21:03.059: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 340 (17.1%)

When I re-ran the stream with a chrome window open with Facebook streaming interface, it went pretty much without incident:

09:05:21.676: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
09:05:21.676: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 64671
09:05:21.676: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 64626 (64724 attempted)
09:05:21.676: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 98 (0.2%)
09:05:21.678: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2020-07-14 08-17-01.txt
    19 KB · Views: 12

chicow

having something like this here too, but I was using Skype with Vimeo. Everything was working fine after almost 1 hour and a half, the audio starts to get completely crazy. Please someone help us! We are loosing clients!

HPV

having something like this here too, but I was using Skype with Vimeo. Everything was working fine after almost 1 hour and a half, the audio starts to get completely crazy. Please someone help us! We are loosing clients!

I'm not sure my issue was an audio issue, I just noticed the above in the logs. It felt like a video issue, any source would lag visually weather it be the Zoom window capture or a media source like a h264 mov.

Hope you manage to get your issues fixed though.. So many new people getting into streaming now because of Covid, we've got lots to learn!

TryHD

You use scaling of the encoder instead of the Video tab, that could be the cause, uncheck the rescale output option in the output tab and post again a log with a streaming or recording attempt

HPV

You use scaling of the encoder instead of the Video tab, that could be the cause, uncheck the rescale output option in the output tab and post again a log with a streaming or recording attempt

Thanks, I've sorted that out! I had both the video tab and encoder set to 720, now just the video tab. Struggling to replicate the problem now, beginning to think it was some external software conflict.. Hopefully things continue to work as they should. Appreciate the help, thank you!