Question / Help Laggy Computer

Spyalex

It may be my Laptop: MacBook Air Mid-2013, 4GB Ram, 120GB Flash Storage, OSX 10.10.9 Has Lag whenever i am streaming and playing Minecraft. My Minecraft settings are on super low, and im still lagging, and usually i only have OBS and Minecraft open, sometimes VOX but thats it :/ here are the screenshots,
WVJjNor.png
us5WgVg.png
VjrV7bD.png
ueXBFdA.png
VnRsIiW.png

Attachments

• 2016-03-01 17-42-28.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 2016-03-01 14-52-08.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2016-03-01 14-52-08.txt
    20.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Harold

Downscaling doesn't create lag. It's cheaper on the cpu use front to downscale than it is to encode the additional pixels you are dealing with when not downscaling.

Spyalex

Downscaling doesn't create lag. It's cheaper on the cpu use front to downscale than it is to encode the additional pixels you are dealing with when not downscaling.
Then what should my downscale filter be? it's at 16 right now

Chidorin

the problem as I understand is "Laggy Computer" so you have to make it stable/unlaggy first and then improve the quality of the stream little by little. It's hard for me to say if your computer good enough for gaming Minecraft and streaming: "Mid 2013" seems good, but "Air" not. As I know minecraft cpu dependant and with the redline at 4-5k passmark score the core of the problem lies in slow cpu

Lite3000

I used to have this problem too...when I had 4GB of RAM. I suggest upgrading that. Recording softwares, and video games can't run at the same time smoothly unless you have more RAM than that. I suggest 4 more gigs.

Last edited: