Lag when properties of media/webcam opens showing preview of source or studio mode.

I started experiencing this issue about 6 months ago while configuring different elements of my stream. When I go to make adjustments to my webcam (or any media source) and the properties window opens with the preview, fps in obs drops to 10 and reports I'm missing frames due to render lag. At first, I thought I had too many sources running so I created a new blank scene collection with only my webcam or just a photo only to get the same results. It is time for me to update this pc, but like I previously mentioned this used to never happen. It seems abnormal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

carlmmii

As far as needing to update the PC, your CPU should have absolutely no problem handling the single webcam.

I see you're using 26-rc1... You're using the new sRGB color space. Does this issue persist if you switch your color space to 709?

I made the changes back to 709 with no change. Also I recently installed 26cl1 to see if there was any improvement but its still the same result with missed frames render lag.