Bug Report Kind of memory leak in 0.9.0 when changing visibility of certain sources

kuoushi

Forgive me for not taking pictures of my task manager or recording what I saw, but I included the log file and I'll give you the steps I've taken to reproduce it. Happens in both obs32 and obs64.

Opened OBS-MP with only one scene and no sources available. Added a media source with a random video file. Video file runs fine, memory usage holds pretty stable. Clicked the visibility button to hide the media source in the preview and the memory usage for OBS shoots up until I re-enable the visibility of the media source.

The same occurs when doing the exact same steps but with a video capture device source. I tried two different capture devices and it occurred with both (SCFH DSF and my laptop's webcam, if needed I can plugin my HD PVR 2 and see if that also causes the same issue).

I can "reclaim" the memory and lower the memory usage of OBS by completely removing the source from the scene. However, if I keep the visibility of the sources toggled off then the memory usage will rise until it has taken up all available memory and Windows will then crash OBS. It only takes like 15-30 seconds, so it's by no means a long process to fill up my memory.

I'm on Windows 8.1 if that makes a difference. Let me know if you guys need anymore information.

Edit: Someone else JUST posted a report as I was typing mine and trying to reproduce the issue and get a log file and all that. Sorry about that. Could a mod merge this thread with the other one? https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/massive-mem-leak-with-64bit-test-version.26370/

Attachments

• 2015-03-26 18-33-14.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 26