Key Assignments When Streaming

jbarradale

I am trying to assign keys and need to know if there are assignments made by Windows, Steam and the game I am playing. The documentation for the keys are spread out all over. For example, I already know that the F12 function key takes a screenshot in Steam games. Are there more keys? I tried to assign SHIFT+F10 to add some music, but a screen pops up to say something about printing the screen? I don't know what program it is, windows or steam. I do not use the F1 through F12 keys because I know some of them are used. Finding a list of all keys is frustrating. I am doing a spreadsheet with all the programs I have running in order to determine what keys are not assigned. Where can I find the Steam key assignments? Where are the OBS keys used? I have a list for Satisfactory, not sure if there are other keys that are not on the list. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

koala

Since every app comes with its own shortcuts, there cannot be a all-in-one list.
You need to dig up the shortcut and hotkey documentation for every app you use.
Google is your friend. Search for "<app name> hotkeys", for example "Windows hotkeys" or "Steam hotkeys". It's the best documentation you can get. Unfortunately, it's not always the first link that leads to the best documentation.

jbarradale

Thank you. I have started a spreadsheet for all the apps running. Some are not easy to find. The very biggest problem is the main software, OBS, does NOT recognize the difference between ALT + F1 and F1 by itself, along with other combinations. So, I believe this is the main culprit. I have to document the ones used in every game I play, so as to not use those. I am quickly going to run out of keystrokes. :)