Question / Help Keeping webcam video/audio and HD PVR 2 in sync

spritepr

Hello, I've been looking around for a bit on the forums for this issue (I know I'm not the first to ask this) I've been having with OBS MP 0.10.1 where my webcam gradually goes out of sync with my HD PVR 2. Below are a couple of questions:

What value should I be using for my audio/video delay filter in properties?

Should I enable buffering?

Is it necessary to also add a delay for audio sources in the main settings menu?

Lastly I cannot figure out how to change the resolution on my webcam (logitech c920) from inside OBS. I can't tell what resolution its running at atm. Trying to change it manually by setting a custom resolution results in the webcam being disabled. I installed the Logitech drivers for it and tutorials seem to show a way to change resolution there but I can't find that either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I am using the webcams microphone as my audio source and that also de-syncs as well over time.

Last edited:

Jason Bland

If it D-syncs over time I cant help you with that. I use a logitech C920 and a blue snowball microphone. I found that my inbuilt camera on my laptop uses more of my CPU than I could afford, thus causing lag. (Which caused the webcam and microphone to become out of sync.) For the delay, I simply add a 1000 MS delay in the filter tab for my face cam (it could be different for you, I found that timing by showing my controller on camera then pressing the start button and deduced the amount of difference in time between the game play and my face cam.), then in my Face cam properties I add a custom audio device (My blue snowball.). Then you'll be syncing both of them at the same time.
I do not add a delay in the main settings, mostly because I didn't think you could. Here's how I add delay. Right click source, go to filters, Click the plus button under the Video/Audio filters tab and click Video delay (Async). Then add the proper amount of ms to delay. I do not use Custom buffering. And you CANNOT change the Logitechs resolution, Given that if you select custom rather than device default it won't work. Id recommenced You click configure video tab, then edit what you need in Logitechs software that should start up. (It does for me.) It's really early in the morning here, and I just woke up. So if I said anything that doesn't make sense don't hesitate for me to clarify.
PS I forgot to mention I also have an HD PVR 2. If you have any problems in the future don't hesitate to contact me.

spritepr

Hi, the webcam does indeed start de-syncing over time (and rather fast too only takes like 30 minutes) and I have found that closing and reopening obs seems to temporarily fix the issue but that's more of a band-aid than an actual fix. I also time my delays the same way and have found 1500 ms to be sufficient. I don't currently have an external mic so I was hoping to use the webcams mic in the meantime. (I gotta say though the mic either records in horrible quality or obs is mangling it because it sounds like its underwater when I play back my stream)

EDIT:

Nm on the mic obs selected my laptops internal mic somehow :/

Last edited: