Resource icon

JoshUpscale 1.1.0

viktprog

viktprog submitted a new resource:

JoshUpscale - Real-time video upscaler filter for GTA VCS

Upscales and refines video (480x270 -> 1920x1080) using AI model.

Created for Joshimuz for upscaling GTA VCS streams. The model is trained specifically for GTA VCS.

Only works on NVIDIA graphics cards. Requires NVIDIA Video Effects SDK 0.7.2 to be installed.

This is an async video filter, so it only works with async sources.

I only provide Windows builds.
The plugin probably works on Linux too, but you will have to compile and install it by yourself...

Read more about this resource...

dcmouser

Just want to say I appreciate you sharing this -- the code may be helpful to others. I'm particularly intrigued by the idea that you custom trained the upscaler based on real domain-specific data. I have a use case where I might want to try to upscale digitally zoomed in camera where reading text is the most important thing -- it's very tempting to think about the possibility of using this kind of tool to upscale this image data.

viktprog

Just want to say I appreciate you sharing this -- the code may be helpful to others. I'm particularly intrigued by the idea that you custom trained the upscaler based on real domain-specific data. I have a use case where I might want to try to upscale digitally zoomed in camera where reading text is the most important thing -- it's very tempting to think about the possibility of using this kind of tool to upscale this image data.
Yes, I hope my code can be any use to someone. This project had very specific requirements that are not so common for general SR programs. It had to upscale 270p@30 gameplay of a specific game on PSP in real time with minimal delay on a specific hardware. So it goes beyond just using special domain-specific data: model architecture, training, inference - pretty much every part was heavily influenced by the requirements. In a real project all kinds of things must be taken into consideration which most definitely would be different from my implementation. Although, it is definitely useful to have some kind of point of reference when you work on this stuff.