Issues with cues coming through on stream - Xone43C

mallettman

Hi All
I have been using OBS on a windows laptop and a previous DJ controller (XDJ-RX2) with no issues at all, the sound was fine when streaming and no problems at all with cuing.
I've recently got a new Macbook Air and tried to stream last night with my turntables connected to my Allen & Heath Xone-43c mixer which is connected to my Macbook via USB, as it has its own soundcard. I bought the mixer for the fact that I wouldn't need an external soundcard. I have the drivers installed, and the mixer shows up in OBS and shows audio, which works absolutely fine through the stream. The issue is when I cue a track on my mixer the audience on the stream can hear it, so all audio seems to be coming through on the stream. Is there any way to segregate this? Extremely annoying.

Thanks
Alfie

nottooloud

I think that has to be a mixer setup thing. OBS can't hear signals that aren't sent to it. Has the Xone got some kind of control panel settings app?

mallettman

I think that has to be a mixer setup thing. OBS can't hear signals that aren't sent to it. Has the Xone got some kind of control panel settings app?

OBS is getting too many of the signals if anything, as its all ok but I just want to remove the cued audio from the stream in OBS. No app as its an analog mixer

nottooloud

No app as its an analog mixer
No, it's not. It's an 8 in/ 8 out USB digital mixer. By default, it doesn't even send the mixed signal to the computer via USB, just the 4 stereo decks. They expect you to use it with Serrato or something and mix it in there. However, you can open the mixer up and move a couple of jumpers so that USB 1 and USB 2 are the mixed output. Then it should do what you want.

See page 18 of the manual.

Xone:43C User Guide