Issue with version 30.0.2 Video flips vertically

cherrym

I’m encountering a problem with OBS version 30.0.2 on my Mac. During the setup of a live recording, specifically when configuring the video capture device, the preview and live feed are both flipping upside down. I’ve tried resetting my settings to default, but the issue persists every time I restart the application. Reverting to version 29 eliminates the problem entirely, suggesting an issue specific to the newer version. As a temporary workaround, I can manually flip the video orientation, but this fix does not persist after closing and reopening OBS, which is inconvenient for my weekly live streams for our church across various platforms. Could this issue be replicated and addressed in a future update? For now, I’ll continue using version 29 until a solution is available.

san_drino

Same problem with latest version 30.1.1. Apparently the problem shows up with external cameras, not with built-in 'FaceTime' cameras. With the deprecated source it works correctly, at least in my case..

Babbylon

Same issue.

I first installed the last version 29 on Mac Pro 2019.

OBS almost never shutdown properly. I would get the safe mode/run normally option at startup 80% of the time. Randomly the external cameras would be upside down.

When I did the update to version 30, OBS started shutting down properly and starting up normally. But I’m still experiencing several upside down external cameras ant startup. It’s easily fixed with the vertical flip transform option. But it’s annoying.

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Alaghi

I have the same issue, on version 30.2.2 and Insta 360 link camera on a mac (intel and M1 processors). It also happens on the facetime HD camera, built in the computer.
I can flip the source, but after close OBS and using it again, the video source comes back to the flipped position.