Question / Help Issue with OBS > Twitch

MacUserHere

Afternoon all,

Appreciate the help in advance.

I've managed to have some successful streams over the past week or so (I am running windows on my macbook running windows which has fixed many issues). The issues i've had today are that when streaming, it has been incredibly laggy to the point where it is unusable. I've checked my output and video settings which haven't changed however I have recently installed nightbot etc with the audioDJ and am not sure if this may be causing the issues?

Here is my log https://obsproject.com/logs/Xg44RK0NIrSWztrz

Thanks guys!

koala

Your CPU is severely overloaded
  • Go to the encoder settings of OBS and choose the veryfast preset instead of medium
  • Don't rescale twice (from 960x540 in Settings->Video and a second time to 818x460 in Encoder Settings->Rescale). Instead, rescale to 818x460 in Settings->Video and deactivate rescaling in the encoder settings. Rescaling in the encoder settings stresses the CPU very much, while rescaling in Settings->Video doesn't stress the CPU at all
If you still have choppy video, switch the encoder from x264 to Quicksync

MacUserHere

Your CPU is severely overloaded
  • Go to the encoder settings of OBS and choose the veryfast preset instead of medium
  • Don't rescale twice (from 960x540 in Settings->Video and a second time to 818x460 in Encoder Settings->Rescale). Instead, rescale to 818x460 in Settings->Video and deactivate rescaling in the encoder settings. Rescaling in the encoder settings stresses the CPU very much, while rescaling in Settings->Video doesn't stress the CPU at all
If you still have choppy video, switch the encoder from x264 to Quicksync

You're a star, thanks for getting back to me. I'll give this a go and let you know the results!

Narcogen

Your GPU is still slightly overloaded, and your encoder is also overloaded:

14:27:46.112: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 180 (1.9%)
14:27:46.123: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================
14:27:47.595: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 5035/9618 (52.3%)

Suggest starting by turning off the Windows gaming features (Gaming DVR).

There may not be much more that you can do; you've got a midrange CPU and an integrated GPU.

MacUserHere

Your GPU is still slightly overloaded, and your encoder is also overloaded:

14:27:46.112: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 180 (1.9%)
14:27:46.123: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================
14:27:47.595: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 5035/9618 (52.3%)

Suggest starting by turning off the Windows gaming features (Gaming DVR).

There may not be much more that you can do; you've got a midrange CPU and an integrated GPU.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've done as advised. The stream was working fine up until I installed the nightbot app and used the features... Could it be that my CPU etc isn't powerfull enough to handle this aswell as the OBS stream etc? I'm happy to get rid of this if that's the case. A little surprising that the computer can't handle this as it is a 2017 Macbook Pro so you'd think that it'd be able to cope... Guess i'll be putting the $$$ aside and saving for a gaming machine!

Narcogen

Could be? Don't use nightbot, would not have assumed it used that much in the way of resources.

The machine is newer, but it's still an i5 at 2.3 Ghz. The 15" would be stronger, as it has an i7 and a discrete GPU.

MacUserHere

Could be? Don't use nightbot, would not have assumed it used that much in the way of resources.

The machine is newer, but it's still an i5 at 2.3 Ghz. The 15" would be stronger, as it has an i7 and a discrete GPU.

I'll try it out without and see how it goes. Yeah it's ashame but makes sense I guess, i'll invest in a proper gaming rig. Thanks for the help!