Question / Help Issue with "Dark Footage" using Game Capture (Syphon), "fussy footage

TheBleakPanther

When I record in OBS I see an issue that occurs in a lot of my "dark" areas. For example, it starts to get fussy like in this: . The problem is that this makes everything else the same fuzziness too. It's hard to see, but parts of the dark purple backgrounds are slightly fussy. I can upload an better picture if you want. I'll also upload the "normal picture". My settings are (mind you, this is local recording :P) Things that aren't listed are either not set, or I don't think they are relevant. But if you think they are, just ask me, and I will post the specified one!:

OUTPUT
  • Output Mode: Simple
  • Recording Format: mp4
  • Video Bitrate: 5,000
  • Audio Bitrate: 192
  • Encoder Preset: veryfast
  • Use Custom Buffer Size (checked): 0
  • Custom Encoder Settings: keyint=120
AUDIO
VIDEO
  • Renderer: OpenGL (it's the only one, tfw mac problems)
  • Video Adapter: None (it's grayed out)
  • Base Resolution: 2560x1440 (YEAH 4K)
  • Scaled Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Downscale Filter: Lanczos (Sharpened scaling, 32 samples)
  • Common FPS values: 60
ADVANCED
  • Audio
- Audio Buffering Time: 1000​
  • Video
- Color Format: NV12
- YUV Color Space: 709
- YUV Color Range: Partial
And that's it! Thank you for reading this, and try to solve the problem for me! Thank you!

TheBleakPanther

Oh yeah, almost forgot, here are the Mac specs:

• OS X Yosemite
- Version 10.10.5​

• iMac (27-inch Late 2013)
  • Processor
- 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7​
  • Memory
- 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3​
  • Graphics
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB​

No serial number 4 u u little skrub.

I see very little wrong in both the bright and the dark picture, and I am by no means an expert, but try changing the downscale filter because to my knowledge the way the pixels are scaled can have an impact on the outcome (as is to be expected when downscaling).