Question / Help Is there any way to record PowerPoint, Excel, etc. using Window Mode?

SteveSharpe

I am a new user to OBS. I have this same problem in both classic OBS and the multi-platform, but I've been trying multi-platform for the most part with success, except with any Microsoft Office application.

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1. I can do display capture, video camera capture, and window capture for most things. Pretty much all features are working correctly.

However, if I want to record PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, or pretty much any other native Microsoft application, the screen either just shows up frozen or it shows up as blank white.

Upon some Googling, it looks like I'm not the only person to run into this, but I haven't found great answers yet. Some say to just use Display mode, but I want to have camera overlays and other things and switch around between them without the OBS window itself appearing when I'm doing the switching. I'd much prefer Window mode if it's possible.

Some are saying that it's possibly to do with Microsoft using more WPF in their applications, and that OBS doesn't support it. Is that still the case?

Has anyone successfully gotten a Microsoft native application to display in Windows 8+ without using Display Mode?