Question / Help Is there a way to separate audio from one program?

Anatoliy

I play music via spotify when I stream, and to use it later on youtube, I'm recording 3 separate audio tracks, one for the mic, one for my PC(the music) and one for my elgato, then I just cut off the PC track and i'm good to go.
The problem is when I play PC games I have to delete the game sound including the audio music. Is there a solution you can think of? A way to maybe make OBS to record the spotify on a separate track?

Thanks!

Hopewithinchaos

Forum Moderator
As of right now (That I'm aware of) there is no way to designate a specific program to a seperate track. It clumps all source of sound on one device as a single audio source.

If you record via .mp4 and have multiple tracks selected for recording seperately, OBS makes them as seperate audio tracks that can be segregated in Premire CC 2015. Earlier versions do not work. I have tested this personally and it works well. I did a tutorial for audio on my YT channel. If you want to see it search for my username, wdaxodus and I have a playlist for OBS tutorials. Everything you need to know about audio is one of my newer ones. I'd post the direct link, but I don't think they allow it here.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding what he needs then. If he's looking for 3rd party software to record a seperate track, use Voicemeeter Bananna's record function. Otherwise, what I said above would work if you have CC 2015.

Harold

You're completely missing it.

All his sound is coming through ONE sound device, and he wants to separate it out on a per-program basis.