Is there a way to give scene selection control to viewers?

Joewight

Hello,

I'm a teacher with a multi-camera setup running OBS through Zoom. I'd like to give the scene selection to the students but I'm very new to OBS. I'm using a stream deck to control the scenes so in my head, it would seem very possible that I could have some type of signal from zoom to tell OBS to change scene. Maybe some type of plugin or web interface? Like an online midi controller that could mimic the stream deck?

Thank you

FerretBomb

You could use the obs-websockets plugin to allow external control via a number of means.
Direct control as with the t2t2 remote control site is NOT advised.
You could use something like a channel-bot if you had one able to 'watch' the Zoom chat and trigger actions based on commands there, and send out websocket API requests.
Likewise, if you are a technical sort and can code webpages, doing up a kiosk-style page with limited command options would be an option, but could be reverse-engineered to allow full control.

Do be aware that you would not be able to 'override' the remote commands, and that it grants FULL access. So a student would be able to do things like mute your mic, or forcibly keep changing the scene repeatedly, and there would be nothing you could do about it.

It's really, really not a good idea.

Joewight

To clarify, it's a college class so I'm less worried about students having control over my system and ruining everything on purpose but they definitely would by accident. That being said, your advice is very appreciated.

I'll check out the websockets. I'm a machinist/maker more than a coder but I'm a okay script kiddie. I think this is something that could be really helpful to the community and others as well so I'll keep trying.

Thank you