Is that possible to build OBS with option A with virtual camera?

cheraly

I'm new to OBS these months, and start studying it with OBS build instruction with option A that provided on Git Wiki.
However, I found this build does not build with virtual camera.
Do I have to start new build with option B? Or any other possibility to install it with optionA? (I can force to enable the button but it's not enough)

cheraly

Just tried to build with option B, but I cannot add VIRTUALCAM_GUID successfully on CMake-GUI, it just disappeared after press "Configure" button but other listed variables(on https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/build-instructions-for-windows) are OK in this step. That is, I get the error message

"CMake Warning at cmake/Modules/ObsHelpers.cmake:446 (message):
OBS: Windows Virtual Camera - invalid GUID supplied"

from CMake-GUI every time...(use the GUID generator)

Guess this is the reason why I cannot install virtual camera by batch file...since it never generated ever..
But any suggestion?

npeper

I have the same issue, I have not been able to build with the virtual camera available either. I've defined it in the variables of CMake, but it's never picked up in the configure stage.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The VIRTUALCAM_GUID should be specified without any brackets, quotes or other surrounding characters, e.g:

1C35EB71-B3CJ-4690-8AD9-686XZ5A88036
(do not use this, create your own)

Also make sure ENABLE_VIRTUALCAM is set.

npeper

The VIRTUALCAM_GUID should be specified without any brackets, quotes or other surrounding characters, e.g:

1C35EB71-B3CJ-4690-8AD9-686XZ5A88036
(do not use this, create your own)

Also make sure ENABLE_VIRTUALCAM is set.
It's all specified as you said, the variable isn't displayed in the cmake-gui output, but the defined GUID shows up in the virtualcam-install.bat. Is it an issue if I'm only building x64? I have to edit line 51 of the bat to prevent it from exiting the script since it doesn't find
obs-virtualcam-module32.dll

If I just go with the executable, the virtual cam shows up fine.