Question / Help Is my computer good enough for 1080p@60fps?

SqueezedPath04

Hello.

I hope everybody is having a great day. Today I was looking at previous threads and I could not find anything that would answer my question. As a result, this brings me to ask you guys if my computer can handle 1080p@60fps. If it can not, please recommend a resolution at the framerate.

System Specs:
AMD FX-8370(No overclock)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
32GB of RAM
Micomsoft SC-512

P.S. Space is not a problem for me. Also, I plan to record a lot of high motion games.

SqueezedPath04

I don't plan to stream since my upload is total garbage. I just plan to use OBS recording at the moment. I'll play with the settings from the thread that you suggested; however, I don't when I'll have time because of college so I'll try to respond as soon as possible.

Firkraag

If you're making local recordings I would recommend Shadowplay really since you have a GTX 980.. If you plan to use overlays and such then just use the Nvidia plugin in OBS? I don't think your CPU is in any state to be encoding at 1080p60 while playing games..

SqueezedPath04

I plan to record consoles and I figured my CPU wasn't up to playing games and encoding at the same time. If I do use Shadowplay, what do you recommend for the bitrate?

Edit: I meant Nvenc.

Last edited: