Question / Help Is Multitple camera inputs each streamed to a separate destination possible?

DavidJames

I have a special streaming requirement and I wonder if it is possible using OBS.

I need a setup that will allow for Multitple camera inputs (between 2 to 4) each streamed to a separate destination (e.g. camera 1 to YouTube; camera 2 to Facebook, ...) simultaneously. To describe it another way I need a setup that will ingest 2 to 4 camera feeds. Then provide isolated live streams for each camera input.

Can this be achieved using OBS? Any possible ways?

For example could one possible solution be to run Multiple Instances of OBS each with its own separate camera input (being ingested using decklink quad or multiple capture devices) and each instance streaming to a different destination?

Dihelson

I have a special streaming requirement and I wonder if it is possible using OBS.

I need a setup that will allow for Multitple camera inputs (between 2 to 4) each streamed to a separate destination (e.g. camera 1 to YouTube; camera 2 to Facebook, ...) simultaneously. To describe it another way I need a setup that will ingest 2 to 4 camera feeds. Then provide isolated live streams for each camera input.

Can this be achieved using OBS? Any possible ways?

For example could one possible solution be to run Multiple Instances of OBS each with its own separate camera input (being ingested using decklink quad or multiple capture devices) and each instance streaming to a different destination?

Yes. Using multiple OBS portable mode. Each one streaming to a different platform. I wrote a complete tutorial in one of my posts, just when I asked to stream for two places at the same time, I figured out and describes step by step on the last comment of the post.

Going luck.

DavidJames

Yes. Using multiple OBS portable mode. Each one streaming to a different platform. I wrote a complete tutorial in one of my posts, just when I asked to stream for two places at the same time, I figured out and describes step by step on the last comment of the post.

Going luck.
Thank you @Dihelson

I searched and found your instructions on how to create the multiple instances of OBS using portable mode. The steps you gave are below:

01 - Download OBS studio zip file and extract to whatever folder you like.
02 - In the extracted folder, look in subfolder /bin/64bit/ and find the exe file: OBS64.exe
03 - Create a shortcut of the OBS64.exe file to your desktop.
04 - Right click on the shortcut you´ve created, and click on properties -> target -> And at the end of the line, add a space and the following: --portable
05 - Click on apply and save.
06 - Now, when you run this shortcut, OBS will run on a standalone mode ( Portable ), without using your config files ( Of another installation you may have ). It´s like running for the first time, after installing it from scratch.

Just one question:

WIll any settings that I make to one of the OBS portable instances when it is running be saved in that folder so that I see them when I run that portable instance again? I want to be able to configure each portable instance differently and for those settings to be remembered for each instance.

Dihelson

Thank you @Dihelson

I searched and found your instructions on how to create the multiple instances of OBS using portable mode. The steps you gave are below:

01 - Download OBS studio zip file and extract to whatever folder you like.
02 - In the extracted folder, look in subfolder /bin/64bit/ and find the exe file: OBS64.exe
03 - Create a shortcut of the OBS64.exe file to your desktop.
04 - Right click on the shortcut you´ve created, and click on properties -> target -> And at the end of the line, add a space and the following: --portable
05 - Click on apply and save.
06 - Now, when you run this shortcut, OBS will run on a standalone mode ( Portable ), without using your config files ( Of another installation you may have ). It´s like running for the first time, after installing it from scratch.

Just one question:

WIll any settings that I make to one of the OBS portable instances when it is running be saved in that folder so that I see them when I run that portable instance again? I want to be able to configure each portable instance differently and for those settings to be remembered for each instance.

Yes. Each portable OBS will save it's own configuration in it's folder, without interfering with your "main" installed OBS. If your machine is robust enough to run multiple portable OBS, the possibilities are endless.